Saturday, May 4, 2024

TRIP - DAY 11

I woke up early and drove to Sheridan WY. 

Okay, something happened today. I was driving and the signs were saying welcome to Wyoming. I thought I was already in WY. It turns out that Yellowstone is in Wyoming but the campground I stayed in was just over the boarder to Montana. I would drive each day from MT to WY. I find that funny. Even more funny, I didn't realize it until today when the sign said welcome to Wyoming. 

The drive was fairly uneventful. There weren't many cars along the roads I took. I made a few rest breaks and saw the best rest area/restroom so far. It was spotless, easy parking, and a beautiful view. Plus it had a seat on the wall with seatbelt for a parent to sit the baby in when the parents goes to the bathroom, so the infant can come with the parent. Those seats should be in every public bathroom. There were mens, women's and family rooms.  Then to make it better there outlets everywhere. I really wanted a cup of tea to wake me up but I had no electricity. I took my teapot into the rest area building (which was huge) and boiled some water for tea. I thought this was a great rest area. 

I made it to the campground (if you can call it that) and found a spot. This campground is an area behind a business with a gravel. Every few feet there is an electric and water hook up. I am right next to my neighbor. I feel like I need to put on headphones to watch TV. It is right next to the highway and I can hear the cars speeding by. 

It is only for one night and you don't get much for $50 these days. There is no bathroom and my gray tank is almost full. So no shower for me. Not even a camp shower. 😩

I didn't want to stick around this depressing place so we went to the Brinton Museum nearby. It was a museum of Native American artifacts and some local art. This is my favorite piece of art
I thought it was hysterical. I don't know why it made me laugh. 

Then we went back and I cooked Vegan Drunken Noodles for dinner. It was so good. I have plenty of leftovers. 
Sunny bird was watching me and then looked outside and was singing. 
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!