Monday, May 20, 2024

TRIP - DAY 27

Today will be an easy day to write about. First off this heat is playing havoc with my hands. Some people say that the heat is good further arthritis, it is not for mine. The heat makes my hands swell and get stiff. 

I woke up early, got the rig ready to go and drove all the way to Zion National Park. To say I'm disappointed with Zion is probably correct. I got to Zion National Park and I had heard that there was shuttles that take you into the park. I guess I incorrectly assumed that there would be a parking place where you pick up a shuttle. That is not the case. I got to the entrance to where you drive to Zion National Park, it is a I think 16 mile curvy windy road that takes you up the mountain down a mountain to the entrance of the park. From there you can either park at The visitor Center or in Springdale. Because there's a one lane tunnel and I had to wait almost half an hour to get through it, The visitor Center parking was full. I know that I was late and therefore should have expected this. Then I went to Springdale and that was kind of full but look like it could get more full. But that would mean I parked the van and Sunny miles away. By this point it had been one and a half to two hours just to get to Springdale and I was hot, tired, irritated, and done with driving. 

I understand Zion is the most popular Park, but this setup is crazy. And frankly from what I've seen I don't really understand why it is so popular. But I do admit I have not gone into into the park so I really can't judge. 

Tomorrow at the crack of dawn, I will be taking a shuttle from the RV Park into Zion to see things and I'm supposed to hike up Angels landingWe'll see what part of that happens. I am getting ready just in case I do end up doing Angels landing but if you ask me right now if I'm going to do it the answer is no. I am tired this is the last thing in the trip and the whole shuttle system is just quite difficult. 

So today when I got to the park I drove through the part that I could, I drove through Springdale and I went to my RV Park. I got checked in, walked around a little bit and decided to go look for a little local park or State Park to have lunch. Well, that was a bust. All the parks in the general area are down Rocky roads that are not paved. I did go down one but it started getting to be a very bad road, one that you need a 4x4, so I came back to the RV Park. Sunny and I had lunch together. I basically just hung around the RV until it was time for me to do a bit of work. I took a few little walks around the park and saw the lovely River behind my campsite. 
I what have possibly done more but then a very loud lightning and thunderstorm came through. 

I'm going to sleep since I have to wake up and be ready at 7:25. Ugh. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!