Saturday, July 13, 2024

CAMPING DAY 2

Last night we went to bed around 8:30 and thought the campground would get quiet. That was not the case. There were lots of dogs and lots of children and lots of noise. There was a little puppy across the road from us the barked incessantly. By around 1:30 in the morning it was too much so Miss Vivien and I went into the car and slept in the car. I slept in the driver's seat with the seat back put down and the dog slept in her travel seat. 

We woke up early and got ready. After breakfast we drove to a forest and State Park to hike. This state park allowed dogs on paved parts of the park. The paved parts basically mirrored the non-paved parts so we didn't miss much of anything. After 20,000 steps we went back to the campsite to have lunch. After a rest and lunch, we went back down to the river to walk around. 



I made a dinner of rice, black beans and plant based crumbles. I made the rice and rinse the black beans before I left home. I cooked the plant-based crumbles on my camp stove. Once the crumbles were cooked I added in the black beans and the rice. Then I add taco seasoning. I took my taco shells and held them over the flame of the stove to heat them up and cook them a little bit. Then I made tacos. They were super good. 

After dinner I took my Dandies vegan marshmallows and toast them over my camp stove. I forgot the graham crackers so I just put the marshmallow and chocolate in my mouth and made a partial s'mores. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!