Monday, April 3, 2023

DAY TWO OF MOLD CLEANING

 Today the guys showed up and sanded and used metal brushes to clean the mold off the places it was. It went on for hours. Sanding and vacuuming. They were here almost all day. I can't see the work because it is enclosed in what I call the "condom". It is all in a plastic enclosure. 

Tomorrow the inspector comes to test. If the test passes, then the plastic can come down. I have already spoken to a contractor to get him to come out and make an assessment about when he can fix it. I have been told it will be open studs until he can fix it. Fun. I think I will stay upstairs until it is complete. No sense in moving downstairs and then having to move back up during construction. Personally I think they could knock out the construction in one day with a couple of guys but I haven't seen what it looks like now. The floor is going to be the hard part. They had to rip up my beautiful bamboo floor. 

I spoke to the doctor and she thinks my labs were all good. There is a slight question that she has about one think and she is talking to my rheumatologist about it.  More to come on that front. 

I am just happy to have this process moving along. I want my home back. My landscaper asked if I am enjoying the backyard with all this nice weather. I had to tell him I can barely see the backyard. 

Tomorrow things will get better! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!