Saturday, April 15, 2023

DART ART

 Today was sunny but cold and windy. It was the type of day that you look out and it looks so beautiful but then you go outside and you need a coat. 

I had all these plans for today but none of them got done. I don't know what happened, I just didn't feel motivated. I got a delivery I was waiting for and then I got motivated. The package contained the items for my Dart Hall. I got a dart rack, chalkboard, eraser, dart sharpener, and two pieces of dart art.  I hung the dart rack and put all my darts in the rack. I drilled a hole in one end of the eraser and added a eye hook (I think that is what it is called) so the eraser can hang from the dart rack. The dart rack came with a hook on the bottom and a little bag. I put the dart sharpener in the little bag. Then I hung the chalkboard and attached the chalk holder. The dart chalkboard is for keeping score. I already had some chalk (from the days of my pond) so I put a piece in the holder. Then I took the two pieces of  "dart art" and hung them. The art is basically bits of information about darts: how to play, where to stand, how to throw a dart, information about darts, etc. Sort of fun and interesting dart stuff. 

 

Once I hung all of that by myself, I decided to make a sign for my Dart Hall. I designed it and made it and now I have to frame it so I can hang it. That is tomorrow's task. 

I stayed and played a bit. I am getting better. I am finding that RA and darts don't really go too well together. My hand gets really sore and I have a hard time gripping the darts. I only play for a short time. Right now I am doing a round robin type thing with myself. I have to get a dart in 1, then 2, and so on before I can leave. Today I got up to 3. It takes a long time if you are out of practice. If I practice almost every day I will get much better. It is in a very convenient location where I can stop and throw a few darts while I am doing laundry or getting the mail or taking out the trash. I think for me that is the trick. Put it in an easy to access location and I am more apt to do it. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I do not see any holes in the wall so you must be doing pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!