Tuesday, February 25, 2020

THE WIRE IS FIXED

The phone company came today and checked out the downed wires in my neighbor's backyard.  Over the past few days we had the cable company and the electric company.  We narrowed it down to the phone company. 

The man from the phone company looked at the wires and assessed pretty quickly that the wire that went to my house was a dead line.  I was not convinced and made him prove it to me before he cut it.  He showed me that there was a new wire and he cut it.  Then I made him prove it to me again after he cut it.  I wanted to make sure both my phone lines worked before he left.  I may seem suspicious but I have heard "trust me" from technicians before and then the (fill in the blank) doesn't work the minute they pull away in their truck.  Once my wire was cut, he proceeded to reattach my neighbor's wire.  Then I asked him to go on my roof and remove the dangling wire from where he cut it.  I didn't want to see that dangling wire every time I looked out my window.  Then he pulled the truck around and cut the dangling wire from the pole at my request. 

Once it all looked neat and tidy, the telephone man took off.  Yes, we had a long conversation about corgi's and corgi con.  Who doesn't like a corgi?  Who doesn't like a corgi running on the beach? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!