Thursday, February 13, 2020

MOVIE NIGHT DOWNTON ABBEY

Tonight was movie night with the girls.  We got takeout food and settled in to watch a movie.  We started out watching a Captain Fantastic.  We thought it was a comedy but we didn't get much further than the killing and skinning of a dear before we changed it to Downton Abbey. 

Downton Abbey, although not a comedy, had enough giggles to satisfy us for Galentine's Day.  A day of female friendships.  Of course Downton Abbey was fantastic.  Lady Grantham is the best.

First thing this morning I took Happi to the vet.  It was super stressful.  I gave her the anxiety medicine one hour before we got in the car.  I had the rental car with 4 doors and I thought it would be easier.  I got her in the backseat and she immediately peed.  Then she was so anxious she would not sit or lay down.  I tried to drive but she slid down and almost choked herself.  I had to pull over three times to move her.  I finally put her on the floor of the passenger side and held her there while she cried and screamed.  It took me 20 minutes to drive about 1.5 miles. 

I got her there and she calmed down.  The doctor saw her and did a kidney test and cut her nails.  He tried to take her blood pressure but she was so stressed her blood pressure was sky high.  She sat in my lap the entire time at the doctor's office; this is something she has never done.  At 25 lbs she is not a lap dog.  I finally calmed her down enough to take her blood pressure again and it was lower and we could leave. 

I will get the results tomorrow.  She has been asleep all day from the stress and medicine.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!