Sunday, February 9, 2020

DECOMMISSIONING CHRISTMAS DAY 1

I started taking the Christmas decorations down to the garage today.  I had been holding off since I tweaked my back.  The last thing I needed to do was injure my back again and be laying flat in bed.  I decided to move the items in small, light batches very slowly.  It was tedious but I didn't hurt myself so I guess it worked.

I also made soup.  I made a delicious Potato, white bean and Chard soup.  It was supposed to be kale soup but I only had chard.  Hey, a green is a green.  It was really tasty and I cooked it in the slow cooker.  I was a little nervous at hour 3 that the potatoes would not cook all the way but at hour 6 they were cooked thoroughly.  I love my slow cooker.

My friend has been trying to get me to buy an Instant Pot.  I did a little research and I am not sure if instant pot and vegans are a good match.  I looked at the list of items people cook in them: chili, roasts, cheese cake, soup, rice, eggs, yogurt, and whole chicken.  Of all these things I would make three and I have a slow cooker to make the chili and soup and a rice cooker to make rice.  The one thing I did see that I liked was the vegan mac and cheese.   But I am not sure I would buy a machine just to make mac and cheese.

Anyway something to think about.  The soup was delicious and will be all week long.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!