Wednesday, February 26, 2020

GOT MY REAL ID FINALLY

 Today I drove about one hour to a DMV office where I could get an appointment before my license expires next week.  I arrived before my appointment time but they let me in.  At first there was some confusion about whether I filled out the online application or not.  I knew I did but the woman kept hearing that I didn't.  I had another person help me and got it sorted.  I had all my documents ready and moved from window to window.  I only had to sit and wait about 15 minutes for my number to be called.  The woman who assisted me was super nice.  Plus she commented on how much weight I lost since my last drivers license 20 years ago!  I was taking 20 mg of prednisone then and was puffed up like the Michelin man. 

I passed my vision test easily with my new glasses and lenses.  Then I went over to get my temporary license and get my photo taken.  The man in charge of the photo booth was hysterical.  I absolutely love people who love their jobs.  He says he hears the DMV announcements in his sleep!  I said after my 30 minutes in the office I was able to repeat the announcements already.  He thought that was funny.  I hope my photo was decent.  I have to wait 2-3 weeks for my Real ID to arrive.

Then I got home and made a last minute appointment for Lucky to get her bordetella and rabies shots, nails done and anal glands cleaned.  I had to make it last minute because I realized that I had until Sunday to pay for her City license or I had to pay a large fine.  So Lucky and I dashed over to the Vet's office and got super lucky with free street parking.  Lucky was a champ but I thinking she is sleeping now from the excitement. 

Now I am making roasted romanesco and broccoli.  It is so easy to cut them up and pop them in the oven with olive oil and spices.  I love roasted veggies.

   
Romanesco
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!