Sunday, November 3, 2019

STUCK AT THE AIRPORT

I woke up early to catch my flight.  I mean really early.  I said goodbye to my parents and drove from Sedona to the Phoenix airport.  It takes about 2 hours.  During those 2 hours (unbeknownst to me) my flight was cancelled.  I got the airport, returned my car, got to the check in and the machine would not let me check in.  It said my flight was cancelled and the next flight was in 10 min.  I went to the counter and it was obvious I was not going to get the next flight.  It was 6:30 in the morning.  I guess everyone else got a text message and I did not.

They told me I was going to be stand by for the 6:10pm flight and I had a seat for the 8:50pm flight.   What do you do for 12 hours in an airport?  Especially Phoenix airport.  Phoenix airport has nothing to do.  No vegan food.  No comfy chairs.  Not like places like SFO where there are lounge chairs, yoga, meditation and great food.

So I hung out for hours.  I spoke to people.  I called friends.  I watched TV and movies.  I walked around.  I got on the 6:10pm flight.  I was the last stand by person on the plane.  Hallelujah!

Thank goodness my dog sitter could stay with the dogs for the extra hours.  Lucky was SO happy to see me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!