Tuesday, November 19, 2019

EATING SOLID BUT BLAND FOOD

The anti-nausea medicine is working.  I took some last night and two today.  I have not felt nauseous today despite not eating much food.  I think the antibiotics are working.  Last night I slept really good.  I have three days of antibiotics to take.

The only thing that is not getting better and I have emailed my doctor, is my throat.  I think the curry burned my throat very bad.  Everything hurts my throat when I swallow.  I tried to eat rice and it felt like glass going down.  I am going to try broth tonight. 

I went to my ob/gyn today.  It was my first time with this doctor since my doctor moved to a rural area to work with low-income and undocumented people who need health care.  My new doctor was super nice and we got along great.  I convinced her to keep me on the medicine I have been on despite my age.  I do not want to change medicine.  I said what difference is one year?  She said she would not take me off the medicine I liked.  She is sending me for a newer BRCA panel.  I got a BRCA test many years ago when it came out.  I was targeted for the test since my mom had breast cancer twice.  Now that more people in my family have had it, she wants me to have this panel.  I have to schedule it soon. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!