Sunday, November 24, 2019

NOT LUCKY'S DAY

I got super angry at Lucky today.  I was downstairs folding laundry, okay ignoring her, and she decided to begin climbing on the furniture.  She is not allowed on furniture and she knows it.  When she feels I am not paying enough attention to her, she gets mischievous.  She steals things like pens, tissues, paper towels, small things and takes them in her cage.  She doesn't really chew on them but just takes them in there because she knows I will notice they are missing and come get them.  To get them out, she gets a cookie.  I think she thinks this is a game.

Today she climbed on the furniture when I was downstairs.  I would not have minded it so much if it was just the couch but it wasn't.  It was the coffee table.  I think she was trying to get at a pen that was clipped on a pad.  To get to it she knocked over a cup of black tea.  In a lot of cases this would not be a big deal but my "coffee table" is really an old foot locker from college that I covered with cloth.  So the cloth was covered with spilled tea.  Then the pad of that I was writing on is a special pad called a RocketBook Everlast.  It is a pad with special "paper" that you write on over and over with a special pen.  Each "page of paper" can be wiped off when you are done with it.  It has a special app that you take a photo and it saves the page to your computer or emails it to someone.

I love my Rocketbook but I had not thought what would happen if my dog spilled a cup of liquid on it and I lost everything.  Luckily I think I saved everything by putting paper towels between each page.  I was so angry at Lucky.

Then later in the day she got angry at Happi and started to attack her.  She doesn't understand that Happi can't hear when she gives her the low "get away" growl.  Happi keeps getting closer to see what Lucky is doing and Lucky doesn't like it.

Today was not Lucky's day.

I took her outside to play ball and pack up the outside furniture.  I decided this year to fold up the table and chairs and put them under the deck to see if that gives them one more year of life.  I put some plastic chairs and a makeshift table out for the winter months.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!