Thursday, May 9, 2019

WRIST

My wrist is worst than originally thought.  I think had I seen the wrist expert sooner things might have been better.  There is more than just a fractured hamate.  The fracture to the hamate is on the backside of my hand.  This is not the usual break.  The usual break is in the front on the palm side.  She told me this is an unusual break.  I have fluid on the bone. 

I also have some other stuff going on that I didn't quite understand.  It didn't sound good but not terrible.  It will take time for this to heal.

I got a steroid injection that will last 4 weeks to 6 months.   My wrist hurts more now than before the injection.  Let's hope that subsides quickly.

I also have a wrist brace (in the correct size this time) that I am supposed to wear.  I will be continuing Occupational Therapy to work on the stuff I didn't understand. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!