Monday, May 13, 2019

MY VERSION OF INSTANT FAMILY

That movie Instant Family makes this foster/adopt thing look so easy.  It made it seem like the kid would defy the order to not get in the car and then a few hours later something would go wrong and the kid would need the foster dad and call for help and he would come running to save the kid.   Disney!

What they don't show you is the real stuff.  The hours of playing a game you don't like because the kid loves it and you need to bond with the kid. Hours of watching a TV show you have never seen before and the kid getting upset that you have no interest in it because you have never seen it before but their previous foster person liked it and watched it with them so why don't you like it??  The times the kid says they hate you because you are not the person they want you to be.  The times you have to tell the kid to do something because they don't want to do it, and why do they have to do it, you are not in charge of me?  They never had to do it in their last home?  Why do I have to go to bed this early on a Saturday when my last home let me stay up as late as I wanted?  Why do I have to clean up my room?  When is the cleaning lady coming?  Why do I have to eat this food?  Why can't we eat out? Why can't I watch TV? Why? Why? Why? Why?

That is the part they left out of Instant Family.  No offense to anyone but if I hear one more person reference that Disney movie as something even close to reality, I am going to scream.  It is nothing close to reality.

Just my opinion.  I knew what I was getting into.  I did not have any rose colored glasses on. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!