Friday, May 10, 2019

POLIOSIS

Today I was reading one of those weird Twitter articles that comes across your Twitter feed.  It was titled something like Rare Genetic Things People Have.  I thought I have time to kill while my son is watching a show called She-Ra and the Princess of Power (don't ask).  I was reading down the different things people have: elf ears, 6 fingers, missing thumbs.  Then I got to poliosis.  What is poliosis?  Funny you should ask.  I had no idea either.

Poliosis is not harmful.  It is a condition that causes a white patch to appear in a person's hair.  If you have seen me, I have had a patch of white hair since I was in my twenty's.  The website says while poliosis is not a harmful condition it is associated with various other medical issues.  Shocking that autoimmune disorders can be the cause.  Also thyroid disorders can be the cause.

I always just thought Bonnie Raitt and I had a special bond.  Turns out we have the same disease.  It won't do anything to me so leave it alone.  It is just kind of funny.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!