Saturday, May 18, 2019

LIBRARY AND DANCING

I took the kid to the library.  To my shock he liked it very much. Once the librarian showed him where the books he liked to read were kept he was so happy to look at them and sit and read a bit.  He also checked out some CDs to listen to in his room.  He got some books for us to read to together and some for him to read on his own. 

I make him walk to the library.  He is used to being driven everywhere so it is good for him to get out in the fresh air and get some exercise.  It is not a super long walk but about 12 blocks.  He is good the way to the library but on the way home there is no incentive so he tends to whine and complain.  This day he walked about 1/2 way then he decided he wanted me to get an Uber.  I don't Uber so that was not going to happen.  Then he wanted me to pay for him to ride the bus.  I said no we are walking.  It was overcast and the weather report said it was going to rain.  He said he was going to sit on the stoop until it started to rain and then I would get an Uber. 

I needed to stop this so I turned my phone to his music and started to dance right in the middle of the sidewalk with people walking by.  He was mortified.  He begged me to stop.  He said I was embarrassing him.  I told him to get up and move and I will stop dancing.  It took him about 30 seconds before he got up but he got up.  He walked a few blocks and sat down again.

I was prepared and knew that would not work again.  I turned to my phone again.  I had downloaded a Netflix show a few days earlier.  I started watching it.  No headphones.  He could hear it but could not see it.  He was annoyed.  He wanted me to turn it off since it was "bothering" him.  Get up and move and it goes off.  He got up and started walking again.  We made it home eventually.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!