Monday, May 6, 2019

WHERE IS THE HUMANITY

Today I was sitting in my car at a stop light and a woman was crossing the street in front of me.  She was about 60 years old and was carrying two bags.  In a flick of an eye she tripped and landed on one knee.  The reason I am telling you this story is that standing on the corner not 7 feet from her was a 25-30 year old guy watching her.  He didn't move to help her.  He didn't say a word.  He just stood there as this woman hit the ground.

I could not have gotten out of the car fast enough to help her plus I was in a turn lane and the light was about the turn green, otherwise I would have gotten out to help her.

What has happened to humanity?  That a woman falls on the ground and a person (not to mention a man) doesn't go over to see if she is okay and at the very least help her up and help her pick up her bags.  I guess I am very lucky that when I fell I had four people come running and help me up and assist me.  I even had people walk me to the seats in the pharmacy to sit down and get ice.  Then get me home and check in on me.  I feel charmed.

I hope she is okay.  She walked off so I assume she is okay.

I had my yearly breast check with the breast doctor.  No lumps found.  Good news!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!