Tuesday, May 7, 2019

MRI RESULTS

Today I got the results of my MRI for my shoulder.  Here are the results:

  1. Moderate biceps tendinosis and moderate rotator cuff tendinosis
  2. Superior Labral tear
  3. Moderate inferior capsular thickening and increased signal suggesting adhesive capsulitis
SLAP is an acronym for "superior labral tear from anterior to posterior". A SLAP tear is an injury to the labrum of the shoulder, which is the ring of cartilage that surrounds the socket of the shoulder joint.  It is a small tear but it will take time to heal.  He doesn't suggest surgery.  He offered a steroid shot and physical therapy or just physical therapy.  Well, you know how I feel about increasing steriods. I said I would take the physical therapy.  I already have an appointment tomorrow morning that I didn't cancel in anticipation that this is what he would say.

I also have a mild frozen shoulder.   The physical therapy should fix that too.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!