Monday, August 6, 2018

EYE DOCTOR CHECK UP

Today I went to the eye doctor for my check up. I was supposed to have my check up on July 5 but after my fall on July 4th, I was in no condition to go anywhere.

This was a follow up from the eye infection I had about 2 months ago. The infection is gone. The doctor is concerned that my continued dry eyes is causing permanent damage. She says I have divots on the surface of my eyes from long term dry eyes.

I have been told to use eye wetting solution 2-4 times a day. I said I would try. I just hate eye wetting solution because they are goopy. My niece has to have many eye drops every day and I think she is a champ for doing that every day.

I have also been having an issue where my eye tears uncontrollably. The doctor explained that I should put drops in my eyes. The tears when my eyes tear are not the right tears for wetting your eyes. It is called Epiphora. There is insufficient tear film drainage from the eye or eyes. Instead of the tears draining through the nasolacrimal system, they overflow onto the face. She says my tear ducts may be blocked or too narrow.  If this is the case I may have to get my tear ducts flushed. That does not sound fun.

Maybe I will use the drops.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!