Thursday, November 30, 2017

I HAVE A WASHER AGAIN

Happi is having a hard time again today.  She is still crying and whining.  Poor baby.

I went for my breast cancer doctor appointment today.  I got my mammogram results: I am clear.  Everything is good.  Yay!

In the afternoon the washing machine tech arrived.  I have been waiting almost a month to be able to wash clothes.  I am on my last pair of underwear.  To recap the washer has been not smelling as fresh and the clothes have been coming out wet despite running the spin cycle twice.  It was starting to make a banging noise.

The tech ran a the washer and of course it didn't make the banging noise.  Isn't that always the way?  But then he found the problem.  The hose where the water goes into the sewer line was pushed into the the sewer line.  It was supposed to be only about 4" into the sewer line.  Instead it was really into the line.  I am thinking that when my handyman was doing some work over there a few months ago, he may have accidentally knocked the line since this problem has only been going on for a short period of time. 

The hose was flushing out the dirty washer water and the dirty washer water was flushing back into the washer causing the laundry to not smell so fresh and stay wet.  That caused the washer to bang.

So now it is fixed.  I spent the next 48 hours washing the stacks of laundry from my trip, my sheets from being sick, my dog sitters sheets and towels, and various other items that needed to be washed from a month without a washer.

Until tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!