Sunday, November 12, 2017

HIKING DAY



Today was hiking day.  I booked a 2 hour hike with a guide.  I was most looking forward to this.  No talking about anything.  The guide took me to a valley and we walked and looked up to the red rocks.  The strangest thing is that there is no wildlife (come to my house!)  He says at night there is tons of wildlife because they are nocturnal.  We talked about the fauna, geology, history, life and other stuff. After an hour hike in the valley, we hiked up to a lookout point and saw the whole rim of the red rocks (we call them mountains) around Sedona.  

 

 I went to Uptown to finish my shopping.  I went back to the hotel and walked to Whole Foods and got a sandwich.  That Whole Foods deli is awesome.  

My reiki guide ended up being my medicine wheel guide in the afternoon because the other guy quit.  So we already knew each other.  A medicine wheel is how they close out the whole weekend.  It is where you set your intentions for moving forward.  A medicine wheel is an Indian tradition.  The rocks symbolize the different time of a life.  You think about your intentions while you walk around the wheel.   I also walked the labyrinth that was there.  

Medicine Wheel
 I treated myself to a dinner at another restaurant that had good vegan food in another part of town called Tlaquepaque then I went home to pack.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!