Saturday, November 25, 2017

TREE TRIMMING

I woke up and looked out the window at the neighbor's chickens.  I thought I saw them out of their coop.  I texted the neighbor to let him know.  He was sweet and thanked me and said he would check them.  He did and they were fine.


 Then the tree guy (or guys) came today to trim my white birch.  It really needed to be trimmed and shrunk down.  They cut it in a way that it shrinks its size without "topping" it.  Topping is when the trimmer cuts the top off the tree.  You are not supposed to do that in my area.  It is not good for the tree.  Instead you can shrink a tree by cutting branches.  The tree looks great.  Bare right now but it will look great next spring.  I have had this done before.  It is a birch and if you don't thin it it gets top heavy and very thick.  It is not happy.  This thinning makes it happy.

When the guys were here, they had their big truck.  It was too big to fit in my driveway and went into my neighbor's driveway.  I rang their doorbell to ask if it was okay.  They didn't answer so I figured they were not home.  It was only going to take about 30 minutes so I figured it was okay.  The guys said they would move the truck if they needed them too.

In my area people frequently park blocking our driveways for deliveries and to drop things off, so I didn't think it would be a problem.

I monitored the truck and the guys.  All of a sudden I noticed the truck was moved.  I went to the neighbor's home and rang the bell.  A man I didn't know answered and I introduced myself.  He said he was upset the truck was there and I apologized.  I said I didn't think anyone was home so I didn't think it was a problem.  He said it was a problem.  He didn't like that the workers didn't speak English and he was going to call the police.  I said he didn't have to do that.  I was here and the truck was moved.  I knew his daughter-in-law and son and we were friendly.  There was no ill intent.  After a few minutes I talked him down.  He said where he lived people didn't block people's driveways and if they did they called the police.  I guess he didn't live in a city.  He also said where he lived, the people spoke English.  OH.  I see.  Not sure where he lives but welcome to the West Coast.  I ended the conversation at that point.

I emailed his daughter-in-law and apologized for upsetting her father-in-law and blocking the drive way.  She emailed right back and said he never said a word and I can block her driveway any time.

I went to see my neighbor's K and N for a short visit and to give them a small item I brought them from Sedona.  It was good to catch up.

Then my friends H and M came over to bring me a vegan pumpkin pie.  It was so sweet.  It was also DELICIOUS!   It was good to hang out.

Until tomorrow...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!