Monday, November 13, 2017

GOING HOME


View from the hotel
View from the hotel
I got up at the crack of dawn, ate some food, finished packing and got in the car.  I had an hour drive to get to the airport.  I also needed to get gasoline for the rental car.  I got to the airport and there was not one gas station along the way.  I had to go on a search for gasoline.  I finally found a station and filled up.  Then back to the airport and turned in the rental car.  I lugged my luggage to check in.  That is where the waiting began.  It is such a small airport that only one airline flies to it and it closes until the first flight takes off.  So I waited. And waited.  And waited.  I also found out the only bathroom is outside the TSA checkpoint so be sure you pee before you go through TSA.  The dilemma is how do you pee when you can’t leave your luggage alone or leave it with a stranger.  We asked the TSA agent what to do and he said “leave it with someone to watch.”  I am sure the TSA Director would love to hear that piece of information.  Finally they opened the desk and checked people in and took their luggage.  I could go pee and then go through TSA.  Both of my carry-on bags were pulled aside for further examination.  Turns out that protein bars show up on the x-ray machine as something that could possibly be an explosive.


View from the sky
Both flights we fine and I got home.  The dogs were happy to see me.  It was raining.  I was so happy to be home.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!