Saturday, November 11, 2017

NO I CAN'T BE HYPNOTIZED



Today there is no hiking.  Today was all about my head.  The morning session was using Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy. (The treatment is focused on supporting the health of the whole being, especially the nervous system.)  I lay on a table and the healer held my ankles.  I was supposed to relax.  One of the running themes this whole weekend was that I am unable to relax.  I need to find a way to relax.  I am aging myself by not being able to relax.  It is also not healthy being "on" all the time.  I found the therapy quite interesting.

Then I had another break and I went in search of food and shopping.  I had made a plan to buy certain items while I was there.  Unfortunately, Uptown has a lack of vegan food so I had to settle for a salad and French fries.  Not too nutritious.  

Snoopy Rock Uptown Sedona
 
Uptown
The afternoon session was a bit of a bust.  The lady was a hypnotherapist.  I found out I cannot be hypnotized.  She had set the scene and was doing her thing.  I was feeling nothing and about 25 minutes in I interrupted her and said I am not feeling anything.  I thought she would be, maybe not happy I said something but interested.  But no, she had an annoyed/mad tone in her voice that I stopped her.  She said "now I have to start over".  I said just start where you left off.  She started up again.  She went for 15 minutes more and said “you see the tree right?”  I said NO.  She said What?  I said this is doing nothing for me.  She seemed annoyed again but recovered quickly.  She started doing another thing and it ended nicely.  So much for that.

I went to a great restaurant that had a ton of vegan food.  I got three items and the waitress said “are you sure you can eat that much?”  I said don’t worry about me.  I went back to my room and went to bed.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!