Sunday, April 27, 2014

ROBIN ROBERT'S BOOK

As I wrote the other day, I have been reading Robin Roberts new book titled Everybody's Got Something.  I never highlight books (reminds me of being in school) but I have been highlighting this book like crazy. 

There are some great lines that spoke to me:

"Everybody's got something"

"Why is my something any worse or more significant than anyone else's? It's not. It's just not."

"I bet if we all threw our problems in a huge pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back. Don't compare your life to others'.  You have no idea what their journey is all about."

"When you're facing a health crisis, you crave normalcy. So much of your life is not normal anymore. You feel reluctant to tell anybody, because I don't want to be treated differently."

"Everything changes when you tell someone you're sick. I just wanted to be treated like [me]."

"When you tell people you are sick, your friendship changes. As much as your friends don't want it to and they try not to change, they can't help it."

" 'what now?' friend - I cannot tell you how many hours I spent in needless worry about being a burden."

"You can have sad sorrow or happy sorrow.  I choose to be happy even in difficult times. Uplifting thoughts and actions. Nowhere is it written that we shouldn't be happy. We don't get extra bonus points for drudgingly going through life."

"Make your mess your message."
-------------------------------

My friend A came to visit. We had a very nice belated birthday dinner together. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!