Friday, March 7, 2014

WORK CHANGES COMING

I am in a unique position. Since I work for myself, I don't have to take jobs I don't want to. A long time ago I worked for a person I call the The Devil. She was not always the nicest boss. In fact she could be very cruel and not realize it (or did she?) When I stopped working for her I made a pact with myself that I would never again work at a job where I was that miserable. I began working for myself and the majority of the time I have been happy. I feel appreciated. Until just recently. The situation at one of my clients changed and for the last few weeks I have felt that dread getting out of bed. I don't want to go there. I get no happiness from the work. 

I know what you are thinking, how spoiled. I have done my share of horrible jobs under horrible circumstances in my time. I have been on welfare for a short period of time. I appreciate what I have. I also appreciate the relationship between my health and my mental health. Working a job that makes me miserable and is taxing will eventually make me ill. I get more flares and have more issues when I am not doing work that is fulfilling. 

I decided today that I am going to end my work with them at the end of the month.  No amount of money is worth my health.  I know the work will come. 

By the way I still have a 100 degree fever.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!