Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WAR HORSE

Recently I saw a play titled War Horse. There is also a movie by the same name. But I am talking about the theater production here. It is a story about a boy who has a horse and the horse goes to fight in the war and how the horse comes back to him.  No it isn't a movie about a talking horse. Or some fantasy land where horses actually fight in wars. The horse was used as a mount back before the days of humvees and such.

The horses were constructed out of what looked like leather and it took three humans to manipulate them. These horses were more like life-sized horse puppets. It was all so cool. At times I forgot they were puppets and not real horses!

Of course there was singing and the horses danced. Once again, they danced they way real horses dance and play.  They did not dance a waltz or the marange.

The play was 2.5 hours long but never once seemed that long. The story was so entertaining that it kept my attention. It also had just enough humor to keep me chuckling.

Overall, it was a solid 4 out of 5.  Well worth the price of the ticket.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to see that play from the first time I heard of it several years ago. How cool that you got to see it! I'll have to check to see if it might be on stage around here before too long...

    Wishing you the best, Adrienne. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!