Sunday, August 26, 2012

SHOPPING

Our local supermarket stopped carrying Brenda's favorite popcorn.  I understand for some people this would not be a big deal but Brenda eats popcorn every single day.  She is a popcorn-aholic.  She likes a certain type of popcorn.  It has to be Natural popcorn, no butter, no flavorings, no nothing.  Just salt but not sea salt or special salt.  Just regular salt.  Orville's carries natural popcorn and our local market carried their store brand Natural.  Unfortunately, the store stopped carrying the Natural flavor.  She tried the other flavors but we ended up having opened boxes of popcorn she hated.

Today I drove to another further away supermarket and found a store brand natural popcorn.  Brenda is going to try it and see if she likes it.  If she does we will have solved the Natural Popcorn problem!

I hate when I have a product that I like and have eaten or used and then it suddenly disappears.  Or I am using a drug and then suddenly they change or discontinue that drug.  Why do companies do that?  I guess it is about the almighty dollar.  It is just so frustrating. 

Or when companies make things New and Improved and I liked it before it was improved!  I liked it the old way.  Who told them it was improved?  Cheaper, yes.  Better, no! 

I will let you know how the popcorn turns out. 
 ***********************************************************************************

I just have to say: have you seen the new Ragu commercials?  I love Ragu but those commercials are a little odd!   There are a whole series of them but here is the newest one.  Not sure what they have to do with eating spaghetti. 



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!