Thursday, June 15, 2023

NEWS FROM THE NEUROLOGIST

 Today I saw the neurologist. She saw the report from my brain MRI. Yes the report said my brain MRI was unremarkable but that is a good thing. No cancer, tumors, MS, etc. 

She said that at this time my symptoms were consistent with an MCI diagnosis but that she was going to do more testing. She wants me to completely stop one of my medications and see if that changes anything. She is suggesting I go on a new medication that is helpful for short-term memory loss. She suggested I take a genetic test to see if I have a marker for dementia/alzheimer's. She also suggested going to a memory clinic. I am taking all these suggestions seriously. 

She wants me to come back in four months and three months after that where she will test me again. 

Anyway, that was the news. Tomorrow is my bone density scan. Have to get to sleep. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Its great that things seem to be resolving. I hope for continued good news.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!