Tuesday, May 20, 2014

NEUROMA OR NO NEUROMA?

Today I went to the foot doc. I had an x-ray straight away. The x-ray looked good.  Then I saw the doc. She started touching my foot and I nearly dove off the table. The doc decided that I have either a bad stress fracture that doesn't show up on the x-ray or a neuroma. A neuroma is a benign growth of nerve tissue frequently found between the third and fourth toes. It brings on pain, a burning sensation, tingling, or numbness between the toes and in the ball of the foot.  If that is what I have, the doc with give me a shot of steroids in my foot, right in the sore spot.  Can't wait for that!

To figure out what us going on I need an MRI.  That will be scheduled later this week. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!