Sunday, May 25, 2014

COOKING ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

This weekend I decided to do some cooking so I would not chained to a stove all weekend.

First I made Broccoli Salad.  I left out the bacon and onion because I don't eat them.   The dressing is a combination of sweet and tangy and the broccoli is crunchy.  I was surprised how much I like this.  It was better once it got chilled.

Then I made Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pecans.  It is a sweet salad with the lemon and cranberries. This salad was easy to make.  It is a really light salad.

To finish off the meal I grilled some sweet potato slices and portobello mushroom caps.  I put the mushrooms on a bun with a spread that I made with basil(from my garden), mayo, Dijon mustard and lemon juice.  I used rosemary from my garden to cook the sweet potatoes.


Good food for the whole weekend!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!