Saturday, May 17, 2014

BACK IN THE BOOT

I think I took the boot off too soon. I have been wearing a boot on my foot for a couple of weeks because I have a stress fracture in my foot. I was feeling better so I stopped wearin the boot earlier this week. Big mistake. Yesterday my foot was throbbing worse than when I hurt it. I think bounding up and down the stairs to let the contractors in and out has not helped either. So the boot is back on all day long. Already tonight it is not throbbing as much as it was last night.

Tonight for dinner I tried something new. I grilled acorn squash. I cut the acorn squash into 1/2" slices after taking out the seeds and pulp. Then I painted on olive oil, salt and pepper. I heated up the grill and put the slices oil side down. Once they were on the grill, I lathered the other side with oil, salt and pepper. It took about 12-15 minutes on the first side and about 10 minutes on the second side.  I put some butter on them and they were delicious. Next time I would take off the skin before cooking. I didn't like the skin and it was hard to get off after cooking.



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!