Wednesday, May 24, 2023

ORIENTATION TO MINDFULNESS COURSE

Tonight I had my first mind body stress reduction course. It was really the orientation to the course. I am really looking forward to the 8-week course and learning how to decrease pain and stress. It seems that I'm going to have a bunch of homework to do. Mostly practicing meditation and different forms. One of the forms they showed in a film was giving everyone in a group each a raisin and have them eat it mindfully. One lady on the video said she almost walked out the door at that point. But at the end of the eight week program she noticed such an improvement with her outlook on life. 

So I am trying this program/course and I'm going to see where it takes me. I already have homework to accomplish before the first class starts in 2 weeks. So I'll be getting that completed this weekend.

I have been keeping up with riding the stationary bike 30 minutes a day. Today I had to ride it early in the day so I could attend this course. Normally I ride the bike after dinner.

I spoke with the contractor and we are set to begin fixing my home, hopefully next week. He is promised me it will be completed before my relatives come and visit. I know what they say about contractors price double the time but I hope he can do this relatively small project in one month. We both agreed this should not take more than 10 days of work. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I say it is $2,000 and 2 weeks. Ask any thing to be done? Well that will be $2,000 how long will it take 2 weeks. S hey how much to add an outlet? $2,000, how long will it take? 2 weeks. How much to add 15,000 sq feet? $2,000, How long will it take? 2 weeks. So try it out. lol

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!