Sunday, May 7, 2023

ASL

When I was younger I went to the school for the deaf to learn ASL (American sign language).  I wanted to learn because it seemed like a useful language to learn unlike the French and Latin I learned in high school. The Latin was useful for taking the SATs but that was about it. I paid less attention in French so I barely know any. 

So I enrolled in the ASL class for the hearing. I was surrounded by people taking the class for various reasons such as interpreter, family member of a hearing impaired child, friend of hearing impaired person and people interested in learning ASL. I found it quite interesting. 

I remember the alphabet (finger-spelling) and have been practicing. I remember some of the ASL signs. Tonight I made some flash cards so I can practice. Some of it is coming back. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I took German for two years. Here is everything i recall. ein.
    It was a classic education.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!