Monday, May 1, 2023

MRI CANCELLED

It has been quite a day. I got up at 6:00 a.m. so I could be all set and ready for the getting to my MRI on time. I didn't sleep very well with the stress of getting to the MRI on time and having everything go according to plan.

When I got up I immediately called the MRI place to ask them if they could send me some kind of proof that the amount that they told me the MRI was going to cost was actually what I was going to pay. The reason I did this is because the reviews online of this MRI please said that some people paid an amount and then were billed an additional amount after the fact and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen to me. I was passed from person to person and no one could could give me any kind of proof that the amount I was quoted was the total amount that I was going to have to pay. That got me a little suspicious but I decided the appointment scheduled I'll still go through with it. So I got in the shower. As soon as I got out of the shower I could hear my phone ringing it was the MRI place calling to tell me that they received a pre-authorization from my neurologist to have the MRI at a different location. I was very confused so I decided that I needed to cancel this appointment and not go.

I then spent the next hours trying to sort out who was this authorization from, where is this other location that I'm supposed to be getting the MRI, why is no one calling me back. I also took a nap since I was up at the crack of dawn to get to this MRI appointment at 8:00 in the morning.
 
The neurologist called this afternoon to tell me that the pre-authorization is correct but didn't give me any explanation of what happened.  I was told her assistant would call me later today to explain it to me. The good news is that I won't be going to the unorganized and "shell game" location. I now have to wait more time. 

Rain is coming. It looked like it would rain today but it is definitely going to rain tomorrow. It is good news for my garden. I went down to see it today and all my veggies are coming up. I see three cucumber plants coming up. I see two bean plants coming up. I see some carrots and lettuce peaking out. I can't get over how exciting this is. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!