Monday, February 18, 2019

RESPIT DAY 2

Well, we had a therapy putty accident. If you don't know what therapy putty it would remind you of silly putty only it seems to be more pliable.  Kids use it to play with or manipulate when they are stressed or sitting still and need to move around.  Some kids use those fidget toys or fidget spinners.  This kid used therapy putty.  It was blue.  How do I know?  After he got up off the couch last night there was blue on my couch and on my decorative pillow. 

I was a bit annoyed but I know he didn't mean it.  I banned the therapy putty from the couch.  I told him he could sit on the floor if he needed the therapy putty from now on.  I could get it off the floor easily.

After the kid left I spent 30 minutes researching and getting the putty off my couch and pillow.  Turns out therapy putty doesn't like rubbing alcohol. 

Oh, did I mention he also got it all over his special blanket.  It is a fleece blanket and it had the putty all mushed in the fleece.  I used the rubbing alcohol and it was like magic!  It just faded away.  Like it was the putty's kryptonite.  The putty didn't come off the couch and pillow quite that easily but it seems to have come out.  I don't see blue spots anymore. 

Today we went for a walk and played Alexa games.  Then we had lunch and his Dad arrived.  I had to do some work this morning so he was on his own a bit.  He just loves Alexa, LOVES ALEXA!

Overall the weekend went well.  His dads seemed pleased and rested.  The kid said he had a good time and said he wanted to take Lucky home with him.  I told him his cats would not appreciate her very much.  I told his dads I would take him again if they needed a rest.  He is a good kid.  He reminds me of Lucky; he tries real hard, he just doesn't quite get there.  Lucky tries real hard, she just doesn't quite get there. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!