Friday, February 22, 2019

FRIEND FOR DINNER

Today I took most the day off to get the house ready for having a friend over for dinner.  I invited my friend S over for dinner a few weeks back.  She came tonight.

I make Butternut squash, kale, quinoa stew.  We had it with bread and salad.  It was good.  I am not sure if she was just off the food or off carbs or not hungry.  She didn't eat as much as I thought she would.  She said she liked it but was tired and her doctor had her not eating carbs because of getting pregnant.  I also made homemade peppermint patties.  She said she would try 1/2 of one but ended up eating 2 they were so good.

I like having friends over to eat.  I did find out that my china did not have matching bowls.  I found that interesting since I thought I had the whole set.  I got it for my wedding a million years ago.  After the dinner I got on the internet and found eight brand new bowls still in the original boxes for purchase.  I bought them immediately.  Now I have matching bowls.  They were not crazy expensive either!  I found one place that was selling used (but in great condition) bowls for triple the price.

I also used my soup tureen for the first time. Anyway, I am ready for the next time I have folks over for soup or stew.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!