Sunday, February 24, 2019

RAIN

Okay, if you don't want to hear me kvetch about the rain, you can stop reading now.

I know us west coasters first complained that it rained a lot; 31 days of straight rain.  How depressing it all is.

Then we complained for three years about the drought.  No rain and 70 degree days every day.  When will it rain again.  We have to ration the water coming out of our taps, empty our swimming pools, and stop watering our plants.  How depressing it all is.

Now we are complaining about the rain again.  It just won't stop.  As of February 8 we were at 90% of the annual average for this time of the year at over 10" of rain in 2019.  That was three weeks ago I am sure we are closer to 95-98% by now if not higher.  It feels like we are going to float away.  There have been mudslides, floods, rivers cresting higher than the past 25 years, and cliffs falling in the ocean.  Thank goodness my handyman used this stuff from TV that sealed my foundation and kept a small leak from leaking.  My backyard is a sea of algae and is slippery.  The dogs hate it but what can I do until it stops raining?

I know it will stop but it just seems endless when you are in the middle of it.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!