Friday, February 15, 2019

PROVIDING RESPIT

I was at a client's today when I got a call from my foster/adopt agency to ask if I could assist a family with respit.  Respit is when you give a person a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.  The family had been planning to have the child go to another family member's home but that family member got ill and was not able to take the child. 

When I got the call I said I would take the child.  When I had my foster child, I would have loved to have someone give me respit even for a few hours since my child was with me 24/7.  So I knew what this family was going through.  With biological families, you can just hire a babysitter.  With foster kids you can't leave your kids with just anyone.  The person has to be certified as a foster parent.  So you are limited as to who you can leave your child with. 

I had no reservations except if the child would not want to be with me so I agreed to one night and if it went well, to two nights.  They arrive tomorrow at noon.

I have some cleaning to do! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!