Thursday, September 27, 2018

SAD MEDICAL NEWS ABOUT HAPPI

Today Happi and I woke up early and took a taxi to the vet's office. She spent the whole day there. Happi had an ultrasound of her abdomen. She was a champ in the taxi on the way to the vet office. I used a towel on the seat of the taxi. She seemed to like that.

I went to my CPR/first aid recertification class in the afternoon. I passed with flying colors.

At 5 pm I got a call with the results. There was a lot of information and I was standing in a doctor's office lobby.  The doctor said that Happi has a mass in her spleen. He won't know if the mass is benign or cancerous until he removes the spleen. The spleen is like an appendicitis, you don't need it. There was more information but sort of stopped listening after "mass in her abdomen".

Unfortunately, he doesn't think ultimately that is what is causing Happi's problems. So when he is inside he is going to biopsy her stomach and intestines. Next Thursday is surgery day.

I picked Happi up at 6pm. She was still coming out of sedation. She was so miserable. She could hardly walk. We waited for M to come pick us up and drive us home. Happi cried the whole way home.

She is now sleeping off the sedation. 

Any and all positive thoughts are appreciated.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!