Thursday, September 6, 2018

NOT MY BEST DAY

In my area there is a lot of road construction and home construction.  It makes driving hazardous.  I found out today.  I drove up a street and went to make a right turn and there was a large truck double parked.  There was also a car badly parked on the corner about 2 feet from the curb.  I made the right turn and heard the scrape as my car touched the parked car.

I jumped out and sure enough there was red paint transfer on the white car.  My car showed more damage since it crushed the panel over my tire.  The white car also showed some black transfer so I think some other car also scraped his car.

I stopped and took photos and left my name and number.

I hurried off to my eye doctor appointment.  My eye doctor told me I have ocular rosacea.  I already knew I had rosacea on my face but to find out I have it in my eyes was a shock.  Basically the symptoms are dry gritty eyes, sensitivity to sunlight, dry eyes, burning eyes, and red swollen eyelids.  What I already have.

The complications concern me: Ocular rosacea may affect the surface of your eye (cornea), particularly when you have dry eyes from a deficiency of tears. Corneal complications can lead to visual symptoms. Inflammation of your eyelids (blepharitis) can cause secondary irritation of the cornea from misdirected eyelashes or other complications. Ultimately, corneal complications can lead to vision loss.

So I have to be more careful with my eyes now.  Limit touching my eyes and keep them very clean.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!