Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I HATE NOT HAVING A CAR

My day started very early.  At 1:30 am I was woken by Happi getting sick.  After getting sick, she started pacing around the room.  She went upstairs, came downstairs.  She could not lay in one place for more than one minute.  She was licking her lips.  She was whining and growly.  I let it go on for 30 minutes and then I decided that I needed to take her to the ER.

Yes, I drove the car very slowly and carefully.  The were few people on the road that that hour and I was careful that no one followed me the whole way.

The vet saw her and decided to give her a shot of Pepcid and Cerenia.  I waited in the waiting room watching my downloaded Netflix show Sugar Rush.  I always keep a downloaded show just in case I get caught in a waiting room which in my life, is way to frequent.

I got her back home and she slept like a baby.  So well in fact that I had to wake her at 7:40 am.  This was a treat for me since she usually wakes me at 5:45 am every morning.

I got very nervous quickly when she wouldn't pee, poop, eat or drink.  I called the vet to see what to do.  Happi slept all day.  The vet called at 2 pm to say bring her in now.  I called a taxi and we went in.  She was antsy in the cab but we made it there.  I dropped her off.

Two hours later they called to say they were done with her and she was resting.  I went to get her and they told me what they did.  Happi had two shots: Cerenia and Pepcid.  They ran labs and did an x-ray of her abdomen.  They also gave her fluids.  I called a taxi to take us home.

We got in the cab and got about 1/2 way home when she started to freak out.  I had to get out of the cab.  Now what to do?  I had to carry her home the last 7 uphill blocks.

When I got home the vet called to tell me the plan.  The labs will come back tomorrow.  The x-ray showed she had a lot of food in her stomach.  That blocked her spleen.  Her spleen was inflamed but he could not see why due to the full stomach.  So tomorrow I have to bring her in for the whole day for him to monitor and take an ultrasound once the food moves out of her stomach.

Not great news but I refuse to get too upset yet. Now you can see why I hate not having a car.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!