Tuesday, September 18, 2018

ACCIDENT

Before you say anything this accident was not my fault.

I was driving Happi to a vet appointment (more on that in another post) when I was turning left.  This intersection is a four lane road that I was traveling on; two lanes in each direction. I was turning onto a street and there was no stop sign or street light.  There were no cars coming.

As I was turning left, there were some pedestrians just starting to cross the road I was turning into so I stopped.  I was barely into the four lane road because my car is so small.  I had my foot on the brake and clutch. When BAM! I was hit. I thought I was hit by a car from the four lane road but no! I was hit from a car crossing the four lane road. He did not see me stop because he "was late to work."

I was rear-ended and my head flew forward and back. I thankfully did not take my foot off the brake. I would have careened into the pedestrians.

I got out of the car and immediately sat down because I was nauseous and lightheaded.  I immediately got Happi out of the car.  She was shaking like leaf.  She would have run away if she had not been on a lead. Happi had been seatbelted in the backseat.

A nice lady called 911 and ordered me an ambulance. The fire trucks were there pretty fast. They wanted me to go to the hospital but I had nowhere to put Happi. 
The guy who hit me "got his car out of the way" and parked it really far away. The 911 girl went and got his license plate for me. Then he drove off.

Then the ambulance showed up and they wanted to take me and let Happi in the ambulance while they checked me out. Once again what am I going to do with Happi and my car? I promised I would go to the ER.

Meanwhile the accident guy returns to the scene. I get more information but he swears he left his driver's license and insurance card at home in his rush to his first day at a new job. That was why he left he had to tell his new boss what happened.  He says he will call me later.

I put Happi in the car very reluctantly. She is shaking. We get home. I call the insurance company AGAIN!

I call my friend M and he takes me to the ER. He is so sweet. He stays with me while they take x-rays. I have nothing broken.  Cervical strain or sprain.  No matter what they say I feel like I have a concussion again. Or that my brain is muddled. I go home and enjoy the norco they gave me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!