Tuesday, September 11, 2018

REMEMBERANCE

Today on the morning news shows people were remembering where they were on 9/11/2001.  I thought I would say where I was.

On 9/10/2001 I flew back from Boston to the West Coast.  I woke up early on 9/11 because I had a doctor's appointment.  I had to take a bus across town to get to the doctor's office before going to work.

I was on the bus when my partner at the time called me on my cellphone to tell me that something happened to the Towers.  Both my father and I used to work in the Towers.  She gave me the minute by minute information.  But at that time, it was not clear if it was an accident or not. We were not sure if my father was at a meeting in the Towers for a short time.  Then it became clear it was not an accident but a deliberate attack when the second plane flew into the Towers.

I continued on to my blood test and contacted my office.  We were a block from a building that could be a threat.  We needed to close the office.  People needed to go home or stay home.

My doctor's office had a TV and everyone was gathered around it.  As soon as I was done, I rushed home and sat in front of the TV watching CNN with the rest of the world.

It was such a horrible day for every one.  A couple of months later I went to NYC to visit family and went to the site of the Towers.  I wanted to pay my respects to the people who were lost and to the building I once worked in.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!