Thursday, May 28, 2020

DAY 76 OH, WHAT A MESS

Day 76 since I left the house.

Tonight I was taking out the trash. My one task takes me three steps out the garage door.  I am gloved, masked and I check to see if anyone is walking down the sidewalk or street before I venture out. 

I had extra space in my garbage can so I was looking around for items I can throw away from the garage.  I am using this time to clear stuff out since I have very little trash and recycling in my cans.  I was reaching for something and CRASH!  Down came a jar and it broke and the ingredients went all over the floor.  The liquid inside started oozing.  I ran for the paper towels (I already had on a rubber glove) and started sopping up the liquid.  It was a jar of sun dried tomatoes from Costco.

Luckily, it hit the floor and the glass mostly stayed in one place due to the label.  I quickly grabbed a plastic bag from a stash I had nearby and got the bulk of the jar and contents in the bag.  Then came the sopping up of the oil.  I used almost 1/4 of the roll of paper towels.  During C-19 that hurts!  Once I got the oil up.  I Googled how best to clean it up.  Luckily I had some leftover dish soap from one of my brother's camping trips down in my laundry area so I mixed that with hot water and scrubbed the area.  It worked.  Now I have to wait until it dries and then I can vacuum or sweep and get the rest of the glass shards up.  I think it will be okay.  Not what I had planned for my evening.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!