Sunday, May 3, 2020

DAY 51 TREASURES FOUND IN MY CABINETS

Day 51 since I have left the house

Last night I ate pasta for the first time since the quarantine.  I have been holding off for an emergency. Pasta is not my favorite but I was clearing out another cabinet and I found a big box of pasta with only about 1.5 inches of pasta in it.  I decided that was a waste of cabinet space so it needed to get eaten.  I went to my freezer where I had frozen sauce and some "meatballs" and voila dinner.  Probably also lunch at least two other times also. 

While I was in there I also found:
  • a plastic bag with an entire box of Earl Grey tea.  Don't ask why there was an entire box of tea in a plastic bag.  The only thing I can think is the box got broken and someone put the tea bags in a plastic bag with the thought they would look in that spot for the tea at another time.  That did not happen.
  • tons of partially opened bags of nuts.  All different varieties.  From pumpkin seeds to pistachios to walnuts to pecans.  I will not have to buy an nuts for a while.
  • Spring roll wrappers, udon noodles, soba noodles, rice sticks all shoved in the back of a cabinet
  • brownie mix
  • Waffle mix from a posh store
  • sweet potato au gratin mix
  • Brown rice pasta, lasagna pasta, stelline pasta
  • Taco shells
  • Stuffing mix
  • almond and ground corn meal (2 boxes)
I still have more shelves to go through.  I feel like the food Christmas has come.  Who knew I had so much stuff in those cabinets?  Quite honestly if you saw the size of my kitchen you would be shocked or impressed I had that much in there.  I do not have a pantry that is a whole room like some people I see on TV.  Imagine what I could store in a pantry room!!  I literally have three shelves in three cabinets.

More to clear out and have to eat.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!