Wednesday, May 27, 2020

DAY 75 OH THIS WEATHER

Day 75 since I left the house.

Okay, it is hot here.  I love hot weather, I do.  But the heat here is hard to take when there is no air conditioning and I am in lock down.  Yesterday I went looking for Lucky.  I couldn't find her anywhere; not on her beds, not in her cage, not on the deck.  She was downstairs on my bed in the cool air under the fan.  She had figured it out.  The upstairs gets hot but the downstairs is subterranean so it stays cool.  The only problem is it is hard to work down there because I would have to lay on the bed all day.  When you are sick that isn't bad but day after day, that gets old.

It has been hot for three days now.  About 90 degrees each day.  I brought up the fan and I had a fan already upstairs so I have air moving.  There is no breeze outside.  Poor Lucky just walks around panting. She is not a hot weather dog.  Happi used to love it.  Sunny is happy since he is a tropical bird.  As long as I keep the direct sun off him.  He sings and sings. 

I am just happy this short heat wave is over for now.   I can only take so much.  These houses are not made for this kind of weather.  Flat roofs are not ideal for 90-100 degree weather days. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!