Friday, May 8, 2020

DAY 56 BLOG ANNIVERSARY

Day 56 since I left the house.

Happy 9th Year Anniversary of You Don't Look Sick - Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Blog!!

Today was a surprise.  I got the day wrong that my gardener was coming to clear out my backyard.  This morning I got a surprise when I got a text saying she was on line at Home Depot trying to get bags to put the greens in.  She had no luck but when she got here she found some in my hallway going to the backyard that I didn't even know were there.  She must have put them there last time she was here.  Since I put them in the garage, I didn't think of looking in that location.  So that worked out!

This was a no contact gardening visit.  She arrived and I already had the compost bin outside and the door unlocked.  I said hello from the upstairs window and then she got right to work trimming the hedge in the front.  My delivery people and dog walker will be so happy.  Then she went inside my service worker entrance and went to the backyard.  She cleared out the jungle.


 She also bought me a tomato plant, some herbs and flowers.  She planted the tomato and the flowers.  I am going to plant the herbs tomorrow.  The backyard looks so great now.  I can't wait to move my table and chairs so I can sit out while I am quarantined.  It is such a great space and it was impossible to use it, it was such a jungle.  Even Lucky would not go anywhere but the little space on the slate.  She also only pooped and peed there too!  Today she was with the dog walker and when she came home she ran all around the yard and ran under the far away trees and made her mark right away.  She missed the yard.

Yes, you can see the bridge now.  And where the pond used to be.  Everything is so lush.

I also have an update on the claim with The-Insurance-Company-who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.  If you don't remember, I received a $355 bill in November 2019 for a doctor's appointment in 2018.  No bills prior to that.  Then I received a few bills in succession.  By December it was sent to collections.  I never had a bill go to collections that fast.  I was still trying to figure out what the bill was for and if I paid it already.  I don't know about you but I have to dig that stuff out of storage.  I tried to contact the doctor's office to no avail because then it was the holidays.  I kept being told it was because the doctor used the wrong code.  The doctor's office would not help me get it recoded.  Finally in February I got a nice person on the phone who explained to me that it was not a coding issue but that I used the wrong lab.  Well, that was not true.  I always used that lab; it was the lab at the hospital. Well, I had already asked for an appeal and was turned down so now I had to submit a grievance.  I was told it was a long shot but that I should considering I used the lab all the time.  So 30 days ago I submitted my grievance and today I heard back from them.  I won!  They are going to pay the claim.  (but I was warned this was a one time thing)  Woo hoo!  I was never going to pay it so I am glad they agreed to pay it.    Once I found out that collections bills from the hospital don't ruin your credit, I was going to dig in and never pay it.  I did the happy dance when I got the email that I won. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!