Sunday, May 24, 2020

DAY 72 EMERGENCY BINDER

Day 72 since I left the house.

I zoomed a lot today.  I had a catch up zoom with two friends.  I talk a lot with one of them but the other friend (who has watched my dogs in the past) I haven't caught up with in about two months.  We zoomed for almost 1.5 hours.

Then I had my weekly Sunday Funday zoom.  I am really making friends there.  They are a great group of people.

Then I had a phone call with my sister.  We had some stuff to take care of.  

I spent the rest of the day doing odds and ends.  I cleaned off the yoga mats I had all over the house so Happi could walk without sliding. I cleaned off the barbecue.  I worked more on my Emergency Binder.  I realized when C-19 came that I didn't have an Emergency Binder.  If something happened to me, would someone know that Lucky takes medicine?  How much?  What food does she like?  What biscuits?  What can't she eat?  What about Sunny?  Does anyone in my family know that he broke his foot?  These are all things that someone would need to know.  What about my home?  Are there things about my home someone should know?  My work?  Clients to contact if something should happen to me.

I decided to write these things down and put them in one place.  Okay, I got the idea from a movie/show (I can't remember) where the mother disappeared or didn't come home and the aunt went to the emergency binder to find out information.  What the kids like for lunch.  What time school starts.  It all sounds to organized and smart.  I thought I can do this easy.  It is all in my head.  I just have to write it down.  I won't even bother typing it, that takes too long and plus then I would have to retype to make changes.  If it is handwritten I just cross it out and write it again.  I can write it anywhere.  I don't want to have to type another thing these days.  I am in front of a computer a lot.

Then at the end of the day, I was watching TV when I got a text.  It was my friend T.  He and his husband were out for a walk and they wanted to come by and do a no-contact visit.  We visited for about 45 mins.  They were at the bottom of the stairs and I was at the top 10 feet apart.  It was nice to see them and their dog.  It was a nice surprise.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!