Friday, March 9, 2018

FARM FRESH VEGGIES

I started receiving a box of vegetable and fruits delivered to my home.  A lot of people have this service and I thought I would not like it.  All those vegetables and fruits!  What would I do with them? 

Then someone told me about Farm Fresh.  I decided to check it out.  It sends me a box made for one/two people.  It can be delivered every other week.  A few days before it is delivered, I can go online and see what is going to be delivered and make exchanges if I want. 

This week I was going to get
  • one leek
  • 2 lemons
  • Blueberries
  • 6 kiwi
  • radicchio
  • carrots
  • Collard greens
  • butternut squash
I switched out the radicchio and the collard greens.  I got Kale and Golden Beets.

I am having a friend over for dinner tomorrow and I am thinking of making soup with the kale, carrots and butternut squash.  I can make cookies with the lemons and my own lemons from my yard.  I will use the carrots in the Paella.  I will use the golden beets in the salad. 

I love this box!  When I looked at doing this years ago, you weren't able to switch things out.  I am so happy I can do this now. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!